Friday, December 24, 2010

Are You There, Blog? It's Me, Jessica.

Well since this is my first post, and you're probably the only one reading it, allow me to introduce myself.

My name is Jessica, and I like to make stuff. I use all kinds of tools--my sewing machine, scissors and glue, paints, and good old-fashioned power tools. However, I am also a stay-at-home mom with two girls under three, so I don't always have a lot of time during the day in which to be creative. But I read a lot of crafty blogs, and felt like I needed an outlet for my own craftiness. See, my daughters, being so young, don't really show much appreciation for my efforts yet, and being at home with just them,  I don't have a lot of other interaction, other than facebook. So I'll talk to you.

Don't get me wrong, I talk to my husband, but with his long hours, the last thing he wants to hear about when he gets home is my newest idea for a project. Plus, I have a bad habit of talking about a project, then never actually doing it. Which is probably why the trim in our apartment was never finished, even though I painted the walls like four years ago.  In fact, I hadn't even put the switchplates back on in the bathroom, until I recently RE-painted it! So he always says, "Don't tell me about it. Do it, and then show me." So I didn't even tell him I was going to start my own blog.

So about my family. My daughter Janeia is two-and-three-quarters, going on ten. She's absolutely adorable, don't you think?
She loves to do any kind of art, which is why for Christmas, she's getting an easel and tons of art supplies. She's also really smart, and that's not just me talking. Eveyone who meets her is amazed with how intelligent she is. As a matter of fact, I'm constantly amazed by her.

Then there's Leslie. She's almost seven months now, and she is trying desperately to catch up with her big sister. She has been crawling for over two months now, and she can also sit up and pull to standing already. At the rate she's going, she's going to surpass her sister in the walking department before too long. (Janeia walked at 10 1/2 months.) Isn't she beautiful?
My husband Steven is a custom tattoo artist here in Houston. He is such a wonderful man, and I am very lucky to have him.  He's a great father to our daughters. I won't post his picture, because he would kill me! But suffice it to say, he's smokin!

Well, this Christmas I decided to do it homemade. Pretty much the only ones we bought presents for were each other and the girls. Although I did make them some really cute matching bears! Since we haven't exchanged gifts with friends and family yet, I have yet to see if everyone likes theirs. But tune in later, and I'll let you know!

Gotta go, someone's awake!

No comments:

Post a Comment